When I had gone down to Florida a month ago to meet my fiances family, it was really nerve racking because I didn't know what kind of people they were or if they were going to like me. I am the type of person that gets really nervous and sometimes because of that, I make the situation worse than it would have been if I would have just relaxed.
When I got down to Florida I met his aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course, the grandparents. Everybody was giving me hugs and welcoming me. Yes, I will soon be a part of this family, but being it was the first time I met them it would have been nice for them just to give me a little space. I will eventually warm up to the fact that they are a very huggy family. I guess I just wasn't used to all the hugs that I got. Down in the south people seem to be very loving and sweet. I noticed a huge difference from up here.
There is also a difference between the Midwest and the east coast; especially New York City. When I had gone there for the first time it was very chaotic and busy. I wasn't used to seeing so many people walking to work or seeing so much traffic. People in NYC are in a way rude and not caring if they run into you. They don't say excuse me or anything, it is as though you are just a ghost.
It is interesting though to see such a difference in culture just within our own country with Americans, then we add into the mix other cultures that live here and they influence the different parts of the country they reside in.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment