As I sit and look around I see many different age groups, ranging from small infants to the very elderly. I think about all the differences these people experience.
The infant has yet to be able to care for itself and the elderly have taken care of themselves for decades. There are so many differences between the age groups. The different styles of music they listen to, how they dress, what they eat, what kind of activities they participate in, their religion, their job (if they have one), among many other things.
You see the younger generation driving down the street with their windows open and their music blaring loudly making everything rumble as they drive by. Can you imagine how that generation is going to be when they are old? Are they still going to be driving down the street with their loud music? Are they still going to walk down the street with the boxers showing? Or their navel showing?
Then you look at the differences between the ages AND the different cultures. Americans have a huge impact on the younger people from different cultures. When a culture moves to the United States they may have younger kids and when those kids grow up in the U.S. they learn and are in a way pressured to fit in with their age group. I remember feeling left out when I was younger because I couldn't afford to wear these expensive brands of clothes. Just think of the pressure on a person who is already "different" because of where they came from and now they are in this place that expects people to dress "cool".
It's just interesting to see how the different cultures and their different ages interact with one another. And to think about how these generations of cultures will be in the future, will they still act the same way? Or will things that they do stop because it is deemed as "inappropriate" for that age group?
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment