I have touched on this subject once but I feel as though I should bring it up once again. Language barriers are a very common thing in the United States and I feel that the more cultures we allow in the United States the more we are going to experience the different types of languages.
At my work we have cleaners that come in during the morning before we open and we have cleaners that come in after we close. The main guy that cleans is very friend and always smiling but when he comes up to tell me something I have a hard time understanding him because he speaks no English and speaks only Spanish.
It is so important for people to learn another language. If I had more time I would probably try to learn Spanish being it seems it is a very common language in the United States. These language barriers cause issues for businesses because when something needs to be communicated quickly, it doesn't happen. It is very important for businesses to have an interpreter or even to make their employees learn the dominant language.
I think we see more of an issue with people who are from Mexico. They are very hard working individuals and they are just trying to make a living to support their family, but it is so important for people to be able to communicate with them.
**"The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't being said." --Anonymous
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment