Recently I dropped my sister off at the airport and noticed a lot of different cultures around us as we were walking through to her gate. As I was looking around I was looking at the signs that were hanging in the ceiling telling people where the elevators would take you. If you look at the them they are in English but to the left of the English it is Chinese. I am curious why Chinese? Why not Spanish or German or even French? Do we get a lot of travelers from Asia? If we do, why in the world would they want to come to Minnesota? HaHa.
I just feel that if they are going to have another language used on their directional signs, then they should have many more on that sign to help others who don't speak English. Yes we are not always going to be able to get every single language on that sign, but why not put the most common languages on it? I personally feel that airports are very confusing and you can easily get turned around, but can you imagine if you were from another country, spoke none of the language in this new country and were trying to figure out where your gate is? Or where to go to get your baggage? I know I would be getting nervous if I couldn't find my way around. Airports and other international public places need to make it more easy for travelers to find their way around.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment