Monday, May 4, 2009

Different parts of the state

It's interesting to drive around to different sections of the state and see the differences between the different towns and cities. For example you take the Twin Cities you have an "upper class" society who dress very business like and walk to work or take the bus or train. Then you go way up north and see a completely different society. Ones who are probably farmers or are in construction.

I remember an experience I had when I had gone to my cabin up north. The area is surrounded by different Indian Tribes. And you can just sense the differences because of how the town is decorated and how the people act. It is interesting too because there is a casino up there and they pride themselves on this casino and it's a huge thing in the area.

When I think of Native Americans I don't think about casinos I think of tribes and pow wows and things like that. It is interesting to see though what the casinos do for these tribes and how it affects the tribe. It brings money to the community and brings people to the area and in return they learn about the tribe. It also makes you think differently about the Native American people, they don't live in Tepees, they live like most people, but just have different beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment